Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Introduction to Blogs

I've been meaning to do start a Blog for a while now, so I finally sat myself down and got to work. At this point in time, I definitely don't consider myself an savant of mobile media, though this Blog is definitely a step in the right direction. I've always been one of those odd types who enjoyed writing reports about things I've read in school, so this Blog will force me to keep abreast with the going-ons of the industry, as well as develop my ideas around these events and opinions. Hopefully, other readers will benefit.

So I organized the Blog into a number of Categories (that's another thing I do somewhat obsessively -- categorize)

Mobile Media -- This was the initial mother page, but I quickly decided it would make more sense to have other categories to have more organization. So I'll save this page for any cross-media, general topics or themes (like this introduction)

Mobile Video -- Covering topics like Video Clips (TV and Movies), Mobisodes, Mobile TV, Terrestrial TV on the phone, Mobile Movie Trailers, Movie Clips, User-generated Video, etc...

Mobile News -- Covering Mobile News clips (whether video, audio or text), Mobile magazines, mobizines, etc...

Mobile Content -- Covering content that is not specific to News. This would include content associated with new Location-Based Services, Context services, Mobile search, Mobile Books, etc...

Mobile Music -- Covering ring-tones, ring-backs, Mobile music, Mobile Radio (Satellite and others), Terrestrial Radio on the phone, etc...

Mobile Advertising -- Covering new advertising technologies on the mobile, In-content Mobile ads, Ads embedded in Mobile games, Interactive Mobile Ads, Mobile Paid Search, etc...

Mobile Games -- This really is a huge topic with a number of websites already providing excellent coverage on this. I'll try to cover interesting topics in this area -- maybe about things which are going on in other countries, etc...

Thanks!

No comments: